Cardinal Business Principal: Safety and Soundness First
Core Values: Integrity, Team Work, Professionalism
Position: Credit Underwriter
Department: Loan Department
Reports To: SVP or EVP/Team Leader
- Provide credit underwriting support for credit decisions, including reviewing personal credit reports, computing debt to income ratios for consumer requests and cash flow analysis for commercial requests, spreading business and personal financial statements, and reviewing existing relationships. Also, pulling and reviewing on line data from the property appraiser’s web-site, industry specific web-sites, market and economic data, etc.
- Credit underwriting of loan requests utilizing the support data compiled, and providing in-depth analysis of credit requests including trend and ratio analysis, industry comparisons, and current economic, market and industry
- Draft Credit Analysis Memorandums, summarizing the analysis, which is basically a SWOT analysis. Strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats should be identified and addressed with the appropriate mitigating factors offsetting weaknesses and threats.
- Assist in preparing loan packages for presentation to Loan Committee.
- Discuss loan requests at Loan Committee meetings, answering questions related to the underwriting of the credit.
- Assist in preparing reports associated with covenant tracking, and monitoring of collateral.
- Assist Team Leader with portfolio management
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting
- Basic understanding of general accounting principles
- Minimum of 3 years underwriting experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Sounds critical thinking and analytical skills
- Cogent communication skills, including speaking/presenting to a committee
- Ability to read, comprehend, and spread business financial statements
- Detail oriented with strong organization skills
- Committed to a career in banking For consideration, please email resume and cover letter to Jennifer Gumpert at email@example.com. No phone calls please.
For consideration, please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.